MD-Grid - National Grid Initiative of Moldova
MD-Grid - National Grid Initiative of Moldova was officially inaugurated on the plenary session entitled “National Grid Initiative MD-Grid: presentation and inauguration” of RENAM Users Conference – 2007 on May, 14 2007 after receiving approval letters from Ministry of Information Development of Moldova and the Academy of Sciences of Moldova. The MD-Grid NGI Consortium governed by RENAM as its Coordinating NREN joins 6 partners: research, education and industry institutions that expressed their intent to participate in the processes of National Grid Infrastructure building and using.
· To increase awareness about MD-GRID activities and benefits among potential users
· To encourage and facilitate the involvement of other interested and competent institutions nation wide
· To support the development of the MD-GRID integrated project as a consistent and coherent part of the European R&D activity in this field
· Participation in FP6 SEE-GRID-2 Project as Joint Research Unit
· Co-ordination of the implementation of the National Grid Infrastructure.
- RENAM - Research and Educational Networking Association of Moldova
- IMCS - Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova
FRET TUM - Faculty of Radioelectronics and Telecommunications of the Technical University of Moldova
- IGS ASM - Institute of Geology and Seismology of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova
- SHMS - State Hydrometeorological Service
SPH - School of Public Health, State Medical and Pharmaceutical University “N.Testemitanu”.
- IAP ASM The Institute of Applied Physics of the Academy of Sciences.
The MD-Grid NGI Consortium is open for other potential participants. The application for Membership should be sent to MD-Grid NGI Coordinator.
Click here to download the template of the Letter of Intent.
In July 2007 a new partner - the Institute of Applied Physics of the Academy of Sciences had signed the Memorandum of Understanding and expressed its wishes to become a member of MD-Grid NGI Consortium IAP ASM.